Monday, June 15, 2009

Cowboys, Indians, and Kenyans

So over the weekend we went to celebrate a co-workers b-day at this place called “The Phoenician.” I was a bit confused as one co-worker told me it was a Lebanese restaurant…and then my guest house roomie said it was a sushi joint.

It was both. Only in Kenya would you get a Lebanese/Sushi combo.

So when we got to the place I noticed the guards at the Phoenician were holding some sort of stick. I figured a baton of some sort….upon closer inspection it was actually a bow an arrow. And no it was not a theme at the restaurant…it was actually a bow and arrow for security.

The guard noticing my very Mizoungou (white man) like attitude to the security details handed me the bow and arrow…it was real…the guard explained that his tribe was the best at the bow and arrow, and that our rickety land cruiser would be safe.

BTW both the Lebanese food and Sushi were off the HOOK!

1 comment:

  1. Black Legolas... foh life!

    There were probably half-Japanese/half-Lebanese waitresses there too. And black Legolas dates all of them.

    ReplyDelete