Sunday, January 17, 2010

Call me Vasco..

Vasco da Gamma that is...except the black and on foot version of the explorer/navigator.

So yesterday I decided to venture out and discover some things in beautiful Maputo. Some general observations so far...

1) Maputo is beautiful (pics below)
2) Mozambicans are beautiful (no pics below cuz trying to take pics of ppl without their noticing or consent is hard...and awkward when they do catch you trying..)
3) I will never make long term moves to cold places.
4) Mozambicans are hot!

so onward to the pics.......

Set one- Old abandoned Portuguese villa next to my hotel. Also was used as a former torture center during the Mozambican civil war in the 90's...probably explains why no one has done anything on the site. Architecture buffs prepare to " Jizzz in yo pants...." -a la SNL










































































































Aiight, now that the architecture buffs are satisfied...this is all for my peeps in the north either DC with that east coast winter..... or London town with that London summer....or anywhere cold for that matter :-P

Sea side...palm trees....villas...and murals...


















































































































































































Well thats it for now....and no those villas are not where I live.

I'm out like Google from China (educate urselves--> bbc news homies)...
-Peayce!

4 comments:

  1. those pics are so beautiful & scenic & stuff. didn't know you spoke portugese. what assignment are you on in mozambique, and how can i get in on it? lol...

    out like google from china

    --Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Appreciate the architecture reference, nice detail work. I see that portugese book I gave you years ago can come in handy, is portugese the national language there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lola, I am working for the Agha Khan Foundation as a Porgram Officer..i dunno what that means either. But def stop by if u can!

    Sandra, First of all as an architect better have jizzed in ur pants. I wont answer ur other questions until u have admitted so :-P

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL. I'm very impressed jizzed as you stated. Its amazing, I love the mosiac detail best of all. :-)

    ReplyDelete